On May 18, 2015, the Archive of Performances of Greek and Roman Drama (APGRD) at Oxford University will celebrate the launch of The Oxford Handbook of Greek Drama in the Amerias, a project Kathryn Bosher first set in motion. Congratulations to the editorial team for seeing this spectacular collection through to publication. The volume is the first to discuss the performance of Greek drama across the continents and archipelagos of the Americas from the beginning of the nineteenth century to the present.
News & Events
- Vote for our own, Ancient Rome in Chicago, a nominee for the 2019 Award for “Best Use of Digital Humanities for Public Engagement” February 15, 2020
- Art Libraries Society of North America reviewed Classicizing Chicago’s early efforts back in 2014. January 23, 2020
- The Chicago Homer, a multilingual database that uses search and display capabilities of electronic texts to make early Greek epic accessible to readers with and without Greek, continues to attract many users. January 23, 2020
- Hear about The Horace Collection at Northwestern University with Martin Antonetti, Director of Distinctive Collections on January 30, 2020, 5-6 p.m. in Kresge 4-364. January 22, 2020
- The Court Theater will produce three Sophoclean dramas as “The Oedipus Trilogy” – Oedipus Rex in 2019, The Gospel at Colonus in 2020 and Antigone in 2021. January 22, 2020